The AFL Premiership is coming down to the pointy end of the season, as teams inside the Top 8 jockey for position during the Finals series to eventually win the AFL Grand Final. As we know, the AFL has a Top 8 system, however, the teams in positions 1 to 4 have the added advantage of being able to lose one game, however, remain in contention for the greatest prize in the AFL, a Grand Final win. For the teams in positions 5 to 8, one loss and you are out. This has a big impact on the probability (and odds) of winning the AFL Grand Final flag and history shows Top 4 sides take out the Grand Final more often than not.
Best Online Betting Sites for the AFL Grand Final
When determining which sports betting sites to recommend to you, our experienced panel of sports betting experts engage in extensive research examining the pros and cons of each online bookie to present you with a group of the best sites for you to choose from to place your winning 2023 AFL Grand Final wagers. The results are in! – and any one of these great betting sites will assist you in getting the best bang for your AFL Grand Final betting buck; PlayUp, Winnersbet or Bet365.
PlayUp - Our Choice for AFL Betting
In our honest opinion, however, one betting site stands head-and-shoulders above the pack of AFL Grand Final betting sites, and it is PlayUp. Aussie owned-and-operated, PlayUp have consistently offered the best odds throughout the 2023 home-and-away season, and looking forward into September footy, they back that up with the best futures markets to take out the AFL Grand Final in 2021. Mingled with superb AFL Grand Final live betting market options year-in/year-out and excellent odds available on the day, a huge range of betting markets on other sports and Aussie, NZ and Hong Kong horse racing (remember, the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival including the Melbourne Cup is right around the corner) are also available. A personal PlayUp client manager is also on hand if you wish to receive support, advice and help to manage your betting account. Our panel of online betting site experts recommend PlayUp for all your AFL Grand Final betting needs and beyond.
However, another of our recommended betting sites may offer more to you personally and fit more selectively with your individual punting style. Bet365, for example, offers a range of specialised betting markets, such as odds on the best chances to win the Norm Smith Medal (awarded to the best player on the ground in the AFL Grand Final) or really unique betting markets such as which two teams will make it through to the ‘big dance’ (for example, if you think that the Geelong Cats and Melbourne Demons will play off in the AFL Grand Final, you’ll receive excellent odds of $6.50 for your trouble). Bet365 also back up their unique and boutique betting markets with a great AFL early payout option feature to secure your wins and limit any potential damage on your losses.
If a betting site with the most betting markets on the greatest number of sports is more your thing, Unibet might be your best choice, or those punters who prefer a nice, clean and minimalistic graphic interface with easy-to-navigate design features and quick sign-up over all else could opt for TopSport.
There is no right and wrong in choosing a great betting site, and at Betting Top10 Australia, we understand everyone’s needs and preferences are all different. Consequently, it is our pleasure to give you the choice of simply the best quality sites out there.
Who Will Win the 2023 AFL Grand Final?
AFL Grand Final Betting Markets
- Bet on the AFL Grand Final – 1×2 – (Win, draw or loss) – Punt on your choice of result for the AFL Grand Final (win, lose or draw) in ‘1×2’ betting. This type of bet suits punters who simply like to pick the winner or loser to win a few dollars and boast of their predictions skills with their mates and colleagues.
- Over/Under AFL Grand Final Betting – A over/under bet is a bet on the AFL Grand Final to finish with a certain amount of points or not. For example, if the betting site sets the figure at 125 and Richmond defeat Geelong 80-46, then ‘over’ is paid out. If the score is 80-44, ‘under’ is paid out.
- AFL Grand Final Half-Time Betting – AFL punters can bet at halftime with a selection of reset betting odds, including 1×2 bets, overs/unders, most disposals and much more.
- Winning Margins – Select the correct AFL Grand Final result as well as the correct winning margin. For example, if you believe the Magpies will beat the Giants in the AFL Grand Final, you may also correctly predict how many points will separate the two teams at the end of full-time. If you predict Collingwood will win by a margin of 1-39 points, select that option, or if you think that the Magpies are much stronger team than the Giants, select them by 40+ points.
AFL Grand Final Betting Specials
Every AFL Grand Final is a unique event in-itself, with a selection of special betting markets available, for you to put your personalised betting strategy into play;
- Norm Smith Medal Betting – Bet on the player who will be voted the best-and-fairest player in the AFL Grand Final.
- In-play Betting – Place bets on the AFL Grand Final live at changing odds in real time.
- Double Chance Betting – An AFL Grand Final double chance bet comprises covering two-of-the-three possible Grand Final outcomes (lose, win or draw) all in one single bet.
- First Goal Scorer (team or player) – Punters may predict which team, or player will score the first goal in the AFL Grand Final. Big wins can result due to the excellent betting odds on offer.
- First Points Scorer (team or player) – Punters may predict which player or team will score the first points of the AFL Grand Final, or of each half, or quarter.
AFL Grand Final Betting Outrights
- Head-to-Head: Head-to-Head betting is the easiest and most accessible way to have a bet on the AFL Grand Final. Predict which team will win the game and if they win, you do too.
- Most AFL Grand Final Disposals: Bet on which player will collect the most possessions in this year’s AFL Grand Final.
- Top AFL Grand Final Goal scorer: Punt on which player will score the most goals in this year’s AFL Grand Final.
Best AFL Grand Final Betting Strategy
Here at BettingTop10, before each AFL Grand Final we undertake extensive research on which of the betting sites offer the best odds on each particular betting market.
For example, the best head-to-head AFL Grand Final Winner’s odds may be found on a different betting site to the best Norm Smith Medal betting odds.
Given those types of possibilities, our recommended AFL Grand Final betting strategy is to;
Get the best betting odds by registering with more than one betting site.
By giving yourself more choice you in the available betting markets, you’ll receive an increased opportunity to take advantage of discrepancies in the AFL Grand Final odds, and always receive the best betting value possible.
AFL Grand Final Date – History & Previous Winners
Usually, September is crunch time in the AFL. Usually, each September, AFL teams finishing in the Top 8 ladder positions play in the AFL Finals, eventually deciding the final two teams to play in the game’s showpiece event, the AFL Grand Final – usually played on the last Saturday in September (on rare occasions played on the first Saturday in October).
Most Successful AFL Grand Final Winning Teams
- Essendon Bombers & Carlton Blues – Both 16 wins
- Collingwood Magpies – 15 wins
- Hawthorn Hawks – 13 wins
- Melbourne Demons – 12 wins
- Richmond Tigers – 12 wins
Start date AFL Finals – September 2, 2023
AFL Grand Final Date – September 30, 2023
AFL Grand Final 2023 Venue – Melbourne Cricket Ground
AFL Grand Final Betting FAQs
Which team have won the most consecutive AFL Grand Finals?
The mighty Collingwood Magpies won 4 consecutive AFL Grand Finals (1927-1930).
Which team has won the most AFL Grand Finals?
Essendon and Carlton have both won a record 16 AFL Grand Finals, but the bookies have them at long odds to take their 17th title in 2020
What are the longest odds for a team to successfully win the AFL Grand Final?
In 2016, the Western Bulldogs were at $67 to win the AFL Grand Final before the finals began and won on the big day.
Which was the last team to win the AFL Grand Final in consecutive years?
The Richmond Tigers were the last team to win back-to-back AFL Grand Finals in 2019 and 2020. Prior to that, the Hawthorn Hawks won three consecutive AFL Grand Finals in 2013, 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- Bettingtop10 Australia
- AFL Grand Final Betting Sites