Get everything you need to know about punting on the NRL Grand Final. From odds, tips, betting trends, history, statistics & dates through to analysis as to why the protagonists can or can’t win be NRL Grand Final Winners, BettingTop10 is your one-stop NRL betting shop.
Top NRL Grand final Betting Sites
Best Online Betting Sites for NRL Grand Final
Here at Betting Top 10 Australia, our panel of discerning sports betting experts have undertaken extensive research and come up with a list of the best sites for you to choose from in order to place your winning bet on the NRL Grand Final. Honestly, we believe you can’t go wrong with any one of these great betting sites; PlayUp, Boombet, Winnersbet, Bet365 or PalmerBet.
PlayUp - Our Best Pick for NRL Betting
If there is one site that stands out from the pack of NRL Grand Final betting sites, it is PlayUp. Consistently offering the best NRL odds throughout the regular season, PlayUp have backed that up all season long with the best futures markets to take out the NRL Grand Final in 2023. Combined with excellent NRL Grand Final live betting market options and superb odds on the day, great betting markets on other sports and horse racing (an important factor with the Melbourne Spring Carnival rapidly approaching), a personal PlayUp client manager if you choose to use you him/her to answer all your lingering punting questions, and clearly, PlayUp is going to be your online sports betting site of choice for the NRL Grand Final and beyond.
However, depending on your own personal preferences and how you choose to punt, one of the other betting sites might have more to offer you personally. For example, whilst Bet365 may not offer the overall strength of PlayUp, it does offer a range of specialised betting markets. For example, Bet365 are currently providing the best odds on your team to simply make it through to the NRL Grand Final, or even great odds on a pair of teams (such as the Manly Sea Eagles and Melbourne Storm at $7.50 to play off in the NRL Grand Final for the Telstra Premiership Trophy). Bet365 support those specialised markets with an excellent NRL early payout option too.
Similarly, if prefer a betting site that also doubles up with the most betting markets on the most possible number of sports, Unibet might be your best choice, or punters who like specialty horse racing options as a sideline to the NRL Grand Final betting might choose Palmerbet (as it is run by a family of famous Sydney-based trackside horse racing bookies with access to consistently excellent fixed odds).
Which online bookie might suit your mates and work colleagues may not be your best option; however, the choice is endless and all of the above online betting sites options are top quality.
Who Will Win the 2023 NRL Grand Final?
NRL Betting Specials
Unfortunately, NRL Betting is not offering as many betting specials as it has done in years gone by (you may have if you’re a regular visitor to our online Bookmakers Reviews and weekly tips) such as the NRL Wooden Spoon Winner, NRL’s Dally M Medal Winner etc.
Unfortunately, there have been a range of betting scandals around vote swapping and tampering for the Dally M Medal in the past, and betting on the Wooden Spoon was also curtailed at some points of the 2020 seasons to prevent match fixing.
The good news is that means cleaner, fairer and more transparent NRL Premiership Betting markets for the average Aussie punter such as those outlined below including special outrights for;
- NRL Top Finals Points Scorer
- NRL Finals Top Tryscorer
- Region of the NRL winner
- Grand Final Quinella
- The Clive Churchill Medal Winner awarded to the best player of NRL Grand Final.
NRL Grand Final Betting Markets
- Head-to-head: Simply pick the winner of the NRL Grand Final (or any NRL Finals Series match for that matter).
- Margin Betting: A bet type which allows you to choose a margin that you think a team will win by. For example, you might receive odds for the Penrith Panthers defeat the Storm by 1-12 points at $2.80 or more than 13+ points at $4.50. If you think the Panthers will win by a margin of 1-12 points, you could choose that option, or if you believe Penrith are significantly stronger, you might punt on them by 13+ points.
- Line Betting: Line betting is a form of handicap betting where either Team A or Team B receive a head start or handicap with ‘the line’ being where the two teams meet at equal odds, usually in the region of $1.88 to $1.91.
For example, if you bet on The Eels to beat a line of +11.5 against the Storm, even if the Eels lose the match by 6 points, you will still win your wager.
- Anytime Try Scorer: Punt on a player from either team to score a try at any time in the match.
- Golden Point Betting: Get outrageously good NRL Betting Odds if you can pick the possibility of any match going to Golden Point Extra Time. Usually in the region of $15-35 for only a single dollar wagered.
NRL Grand Final Betting Outrights
- NRL Top Finals Points Scorer – Pick the top points scorer in the Finals Series (including the Grand Final). A top line goal kicker like Nathan Cleary, Kyle Flanagan or Adam Reynolds are the type of player you may be looking for.
- NRL Top Finals Try Scorer– Have a punt on the player you believe will score the most tries in the NRL Final Series (including the Grand Final).
- Winning Region – Will it be an NSW team taking out the NRL Grand Final, or will Canberra (ACT) or Melbourne (VIC) prevail?
- Quinella – Choose both teams that will make it through to the NRL Grand Final. For example, if you believe the Roosters and the Raiders will get through to repeat their 2019 Grand Final appearances, get early futures odds of $14.00.
- Clive Churchill Medal Winner – Who will be voted the best player in the NRL Grand Final? – have a punt now!
NRL Grand Final Statistics, General Info, Schedule & Dates
Longest Grand Final Winning Steak
- 11 years – 1956 to 1966 – St George Dragons
(Putting that into perspective, the Roosters the Roosters failed to win a third NRL Grand Final in a row in 2020).
Biggest NRL Grand Final Winning Margin
- 40-0 by Manly over the Storm in 2008.
Highest Scoring NRL Grand Final
- 56 – South Sydney Rabbitohs defeated the Manly Sea Eagles 42-14 in 1951.
Most NRL Premierships
- South Sydney Rabbitohs – 21
- Sydney Roosters – 15
- St George Dragons – 15
- Balmain Tigers – 11
- Manly Sea Eagles – 8
- Canterbury Bulldogs – 8
Start date NRL Finals 2023 – Early September 2023
NRL Grand Final Date & Time 2023 – 1 October 2023
NRL Grand Final 2023 Venue – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
NRL Grand Final Betting Strategy
Naturally, the best NRL Grand Betting Strategy depends on the type of bettor you are; Do you prefer some level of security certainty in your betting, or do you prefer to back outsiders that start at longer odds but with more risk involved?
- If you prefer secure betting look for a team that finished inside the Top 4 to take out the NRL Grand Final – Only one team, the 1995 Canterbury Bulldogs (they finished 6th) have won from outside the Top 4 since the Top 8 system was introduced.
- If you prefer love to punt on a roughie, bet on a team in positions 5 to 8 to win the NRL Grand Final – In 2020, the Canberra Raiders and the South Sydney Rabbitohs appear to be the best bets in the NRL Premiership Betting market to win from outside the Top 4.
Specials Bets such as those on the Clive Churchill Medal Winner are also for good value for those who prefer punting at long odds with more risk involved.
NRL Grand Final FAQs
Do any Australian betting sites offer live betting on the NRL Grand Final?
Yes. - Step 1 - Join-up with your preferred sports betting site online. - Step 2 – Preferred sports betting sites can all display live odds online, however, due to Australian Federal Government law, live bets must be placed over the phone. - Each site has a live betting phone number.
When was the last betting upset in the NRL Grand Final?
The last time the favourite did not win the NRL Grand Final was the famous North Queensland Cowboys ($1.96) victory over the Brisbane Broncos ($1.88) in 2015.
Which was the last team to record back-to-back victories in the NRL Grand Final?
The Sydney Roosters were the last team to win back-to-back NRL Grand Finals in 2018 and 2019. Prior to that, the Brisbane Broncos won consecutive NRL Grand Finals way back in 1992 and 1993. It is a rare feat.
Which player has won the most Clive Churchill Medals?
St George Dragons legend, Norm Provan won 3 Clive Churchill Medals (1957, 1958 and 1963). 4 other players (Graham Eadie, Brett Kenny, Bradley Clyde and Billy Slater) have all won the Clive Churchill Medal twice.
- Bettingtop10 Australia
- NRL Grand Final Betting Sites